Now accepting applications for Data Analyst position
The Angus Reid Institute is a national, not-for-profit, non-partisan public opinion research organization established to enhance and encourage better understanding of issues and trends affecting economic, social, governance, philanthropy, public administration, domestic and foreign policy in Canada and its world.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our team.
This is a maternity leave coverage position with the possibility of the role transitioning into something more permanent in the future.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Compiling raw data into user friendly, easily readable excel crosstabs
- Analyzing data to find underlying trends and patterns in the data
- Using census data to create weight targets
- Creating sample plans
- Working with external partners to manage all aspects of a research project
To excel here, you’ll have a solid understand of statistical methods, great technical skills and the ability to community effectively with a non-technical audience. You are very comfortable working with at least one statistical software package (we use SPSS). Additionally, the right fit for us is someone who loves to learn new programs and methods.
Ideally, you’re also interested in Canadian and international political, social and economic trends.
If you’re a self-starter who takes initiative and doesn’t wait around to be assigned, we want to hear from you. Also, you need to be someone who plays nicely in a team.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, computer science, commerce, economics or other related field, or the ability to demonstrate how your skills are the right fit for us
- Proficient in one of SPSS, Stata or Matlab
- Familiar with R
- Expert level excel capability
- Basic knowledge of SQL is a bonus
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- High attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands
Qualified candidates should apply immediately with cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.